biggripper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
Ok, I can admit that I'm a little annoyed that a car that is far cheaper may be (at least by some metrics) as fast or faster than my M2C. I can admit that my ego might cause me to feel defensive or to make some disparaging comments under my breath when I see a CTR on the street. I think that's a perfectly normal reaction. The money spent for the M2C is not insignificant so it's normal to feel defensive on that expenditure.

Still, the CTR is not for me but I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone who jumps at that price to performance proposition that Honda has presented.
While definitely a capable car, that car was track prepped and didn't run in stock form. A track prepped M2C would beat it I would imagine, as it has on almost every other track in the world.
You may well be right. That's not my point though.

Even if it's only faster by way of track prepping, it's still a car that is threatening to an M2C owner because it's a performance bargain in what is car that is capable of at least 80% of the M2Cs performance at a fraction of the price. People might also feel threatened by the fact that it's a critical darling. However, one could also argue that the M2C offers a shit ton of bang for the buck and is also a critical darling.
FORMER ///F87 M2C | Sunset Orange/Orange | 6MT | Black 788M Wheels
FORMER ///F82 M4 | SSII | Full SO | 6MT | Black 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0