View Single Post
      10-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #43
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
Great write up and I'm thinking about how much I enjoyed the F80 on the track. It felt so complete despite growing and maturing. I am getting so close to locking one in for a lease.

Do you have 18s or 19s? I have 19s on the "is" and I'm in the 18 camp for the F80. Love the look, more contact for HPDE, and better ride for DD. Not to mention the potholes here have given me a few scares. Suggestion?

How is your car optioned? I plan on only adding M Suspension and DCT. Extended leather and Silverstone round it out. I'll add the Alcantara wheel later. Was the M exhaust a factory or dealer option?
Well just to be clear, that was not my F80 Just a car the dealership had in their lot. My salesman is awesome and he's pretty much let me drive all of the ones that were not sold, so I've driven these things quite a few times

As for the wheels, I'm very torn. I prefer the looks and weight of the 18s obviously. Plus knowing myself pretty well, it wouldn't be long before I started looking at aftermarket options. What's great about the 19s is that you are getting a forged wheel (so are the 18s), but you have the option to fit 275/295 on them. With the 18s, there are really not many choices. With the 19s, I could turn them into all season wheels if I want to, or put some Cup2's if I want to.

When I go to order mine, I plan on getting: Austin Yellow/Cloth/6MT/LED headlights/Maybe 19s. Very low optioned. The exhaust was port installed, and was a whopping $4900

Oh I also want to mention that I test drove an M4 with 19s and passive shocks and the car rode fine. It wasn't even remotely what I'd consider stiff personally, especially when you compare it to my E36 that's set on full stiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
The 7 less inches in length makes a difference, especially when you drive them back-to-back or put them side-by-side, as I did with the M235i. The M2 looks stockier, more aggressive, is more nimble, and takes up less space. So there are 2 primary considerations: (1) smaller car and (2) at least $15K price difference.

There is definitely a lot gained for that $15K for the M3. I'm still indecisive too... I am more drawn to the M3, but the M2 just feels so "young and fun" like every day and every drive will be a hoot. Lastly...the M2 rear fenders are so good!
I'm not positive there will be a $15k difference between the M2 and M3, I think it'll be more like $10k. And that might not be considering you can get an M3 under MSRP if you do your homework.

And while I agree that the M2 flares look good (better than the M4 anyway), one just cannot ignore the crazy flares they decided to put on the F80. It blows both of them away

Ah, decisions decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
Yeh, I am planning to go with my wife to the dealer and we are both going to drive a F80 and a M235i to see what works size wise. I could go either way right now after seeing the write up on the M2 first impressions recently posted in the M2 Discussion Forum.
That is the way to go, I'm telling you. Everyone on the fence about the M2 and M3 should definitely do that. When I drove the M3 and M235i back to back, I found the 2er to fit me "better". It's a very classic BMW driving experience IMHO. The reason I'm most likely sticking with the F80 is because I already have an E36, and that in itself is a very typical BMW driving experience.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1