View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 05:56 AM   #161
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
Which endurance series is it? I'll keep a eye out and come watch if COVID allows
The Creventic 24H Series - but ironically this one is a 12hr race. Not until Nov 13 so hopefully we are pretty back to normal by that time.

When we were supposed to race at Spa the first weekend of May it was going to be my first time in Europe and my wife & I were going to make an extended trip out of it. Thinking this might serve as a good replacement but kind of concerned about the weather. Is November a pretty decent time to visit that region?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Guy is also one of NLs most famous race car drivers. The Z3 did brake early but cmon its a trackday with no split among experience. Treat everyone like an idiot and with respect so we can all take our cars home.

The owner of the Z3 was commenting on IG and being pretty chill about it all. Worst thing was that he loaned the car out when it happened.

Its not an M240ir but a special car developed by a Dutch racing company. Meant to be faster and cheaper to own/run.

http://www.dayvtec.com/bmw-m240i/

The elevation changes are what make ZV so fun. It also has a good mix of straights, sweeping corners, and tight corners so powerful cars and cornering cars are well balanced.

I think I can get under 2 min with the M2C if I can keep my tires on temp, perfect my lines (not sure what the fastest line through the banked corners is) and dont get crazy traffic.

Most tracks around here are good. Assen is a bit boring from a G load perspective but it is fast and has a lot of runoff area so you are not worried about chucking the car into a corner with a lot of speed.

EDIT if you are going to be here it could be nice to catch up.
Exactly - it's a track day - that kind of stuff shouldn't happen. Wasn't like he came around a blind corner and the Z3 was sitting in the middle of the track dead in the water or anything like that. That whole mess sucks for the Z3 guy.

That's what the track seemed like from a sim perspective. Just had a really cool flow to it - glad to hear that holds up in the real world. I could see on a TD that trains could be an issue with a lot of cars out there.

I'll give y'all a shout if we end up going. Some pretty awesome cars in that series. I would be in a lower class in a M2 CS Racing - but they run up to GT3 class cars.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50