08-06-2017, 01:41 AM   #19
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
On a slightly different but relevant note I attended the bmw driving experience day yesterday up here in Queensland at Norwell motorplex. An awesome 3 hour session trying out the x5 on a mini off-road course followed by track session in the m2 and m140i followed by the m3 on the skid pan. Safe to say I won't be a drift king any time soon hahaha!

It was awesome to jump in the m2 with m performance exhaust first and really see what the car can do. We were only allowed around in sport mode but even still great fun to drive. The m140i is a great package for the money. It's fun y how it doesn't actually feel as fast but I could tell she was booting along quite nicely. The torque in that thing is insane!

It's making my wait till November for the delivery of my m2 almost unbearable!

I was wondering which drive day you get for free with your car as I really want to do the Phillip island one (travel down out of my own accord for a few days) but want to go to a more advanced session. Should I do the first level session up here first then head to PI for the advanced session? Can I use the provided voucher towards the advanced session at all?

Cheers.
Javed
Yes, You can used the voucher towards the more advanced day.
Typical BMW have been quite anal for having to do their previous level first, regardless of any other experience, which I think is so arrogant and bullshit of them. This may be an issue for you if you've not done level 1 (or whatever it's called now) before.
Appreciate 0