View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 05:23 PM   #67
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I kind of want to drive it. Seems like they found their way to replicating a 1990's experience in a modern car. I don't know that I want to own it, but I wouldn't mind taking it for a spin to see if it brings back some GS-R memories or some such (not in must-rev-to-get-anything fashion, just in the general analog feel category). I've bitched about a few of the reviews here and there, and I feel utterly justified in most of my feelings about most of them.

The M2C reviews have been all over the place...high rank in one, out of the field in another. I spent months in a slump about my car starting in the Spring and ended up spending a bundle to wake up the audio feedback a bit with it. I'm happier with it now, but I'm also at the point where I mostly agree with the devil's-bargain comments in this review.

Fast cars have gotten too fast and too good, and they've lost something.

I modified the exhaust, not to fix the exhaust note that most folk think is so bad as I'm honestly not that particular with exhaust note (I want my car to sound like my car, not some other car I heard at some point or used to have), I just needed a bit more feedback. I'm not even close to wanting to actually performance mod this car since the roads and traffic are so limiting nowadays and even moderately quick cars are illegal by the end of second gear (or so).

I think that Road and Track ran across a well-sorted car that you can push to its limits on a public road and fell in love with it. This was a slow-car-fast win. And I get it.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00