View Single Post
      11-05-2019, 06:55 AM   #238
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

A lot of comments saying there is nothing new here and it's just a M2 with M performance parts. The same can be said about the M3/M4 CS. But then again, that's the point, it's allowing some of the great M3/M4 parts to trickle down and into the M2 that otherwise would not have been possible due to its spot in the hierarchy.

In addition, why would BMW invest in adding "new" components to an end of life vehicle and in such small quantities? Any new exterior component BMW adds would need to go through testing and regulation, that's millions of dollars.

The M2 is already a pretty niche model and as we all know, there is not a lot of profit to be made on those (example: Supra and Z4). BMW would rather invest its R&D in their 3 series, X5, etc as their profit makers.

I for one love this great last version. I wanted something "special" that I can daily and also take to the occasional track day. Honestly, I don't want something stripped out.

Now the elephant in the room is pricing. As I said before, if it goes to the high 90s, it is punching way too far above its weight and it's going to Porsche territory. If that happens, I would be far better off getting a M2C, which highlights its value proposition at <$60K.
cptobvious2531.50