@333m2c
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c f87 S55

Garage List
Going for Broke - An M2 Competition Saga

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Welcome to my build thread! The forums have been a huge help and I hope this gives back in some way or another. I'll do my best to update this thread and the Instagram page for those who care (@333m2c)

Here's the full list and what I'll be updating / Have updated:

Engine Bay:
CSF Intercooler
CSF Heat Exchanger
Mishamoto Charge Pipes
AFE Magnum force stage-2 cold air intake
VTT CBC
VTT Spink lock Crank Hub
Weistec Billit Oil Filter Cap
Golden Wrench Covers
NGK Spark Plugs
MSL Oil Thermostat s55

Exhaust:
Active Autowerke Catless Downpipe
Active Autowerke Single Midpipe
Remus Race exhaust

Brakes:
Ap 9668 Front
Stock rear 2nh
Spiegler brake lines
Ferardo ds1.1 pads
Motoul 660 fluid

Body:
rkp carbon side skirts
rkp carbon rear diffuser
light weight perf. front lip
Satin White Wrap by Chase.motors

Suspension:
Mcs 2wR coil overs
Vorshlag Camber Plates
Swift springs 120 front / 100 rear
SPL front end links
SPL rear end links
SPL Arms (all of them)
Team Schirmer Kinematics
Front Camber: 3.3 0 toe
Rear Camber: 2.5 1/8th toe

Track Wheels:
Stud Conversion Kit 90mm
BBS RIA 18/10 et 25
BBS RIA 18/11 et 37

Street Wheels:
Stock Wheels / PSS

Interior:
Recaro Pole Position SPG
Schrimer Seat Bracket things

For a little context on why / how this came to fruition:

I grew up racing go-karts around the US and due to a series of unfortunate events I never made it to the next step and left my dreams of racing real cars on the bookshelf of things that we all say that we'll get to one day "when the times right." Quite frankly I couldn't stare at that bookend anymore. I had been toying with the idea of racing spec Miata or another spec series (e36/e46) and had saved up a little bit of money towards that when a series of fortunate events started to take place. Career change, some auto resources, and being hit by a drunk driver in October which totaled my last car and gave me a much needed push.

I bought the car used in November 2020 from Porsche in Woodland Hills. I did the PECLA experience a few weeks before the accident and it re-sparked a desire in me that I couldn't suppress anymore. After a long stint of research, I decided I wanted to build a M2 competition coupe as I could get away with daily driving it to work, and plan for it to sit in the garage for quite some time. I found the car after calling every BMW dealer in So Cal, and scouring the web for about a week; I bought it the day I test drove it for 51k with 14K miles on the dash and all the options I wanted.

I chose DCT for a variety of reasons, the biggest two being that I daily drive it in LA and that my favorite builds are the DCT Ring cars.

The first hurdle we faced was cracking the DME. Luckily Pro Tuning freaks was very helpful with this, and they unlocked it for free as long as I shipped it to them. (stage 1 was fun, but why stop there?

Stryker Performance in Orange County agreed to help with the build and away we went!
A couple of other quick shout outs:
Blake @ Chase Motors, Kevin @ EAS, Harold @ HP Auto, and Mike / Cynthia @ X-PH have all been a huge help navigating me through some of the parts / back order stuff. Thank you!
Attached Images

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1805010

Last edited by GFEA; 12-02-2021 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 10
ebisu81079.50
Hedoniste3834.00
ando2000.50
JustChris17487.50
///M TOWN16524.50
n8dgr84173.50
ggunn9160.00
Poochie9104.50