View Single Post
      10-10-2020, 05:51 PM   #20
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrhee7 View Post
Could you elaborate on this pls! I'm actually pretty amateur when it comes to mods so please inform me and teach me about the fuel thingy!! Do you mean I should be using quality fuel? Or do you mean upgrading fuel pump, fuel filter, etc? I use 93 at gas pumps all the time. Sorry if my question is dumb but I legit don't know 🤪
To put it simply, an increase in octane (ACN91 -> 91 -> 93) allows for an increase in performance.

You'll have access to three main pump gas tunes for OTS Stage 2: ACN91 (Slowest), 91 (Medium), and 93 (Quickest). All three tunes will be quicker than the stock tune.

Each tune is calibrated to accept a specific bare minimum fuel octane level. If you're in Arizona, California, or Nevada (ACN), you'll only have access to low quality 91 octane fuel, which is why there is a ACN91 map for people who live in those states. The ACN91 map is the highest map that they can run. If they try to run the 91 or 93 map they will encounter issues (You want to avoid this).

Because you have access to 93 octane fuel, you in theory should be able to run the OTS Stage 2 93 Octane map. However, many people have access to low quality 93 octane fuel so you may still encounter issues when running the Stage 2 93 map (This is when data-logging comes into play). If you have sub-par 93 octane gas, you can take a step down and run the Stage 2 91 octane map, which will still be an increase over the stock tune and the ACN91 map.

Regarding this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
This. No mods matter if you gas is trash.
They are basically saying that fuel quality/octane will be your main bottleneck when it comes to performance. You can add all the hardware you want, but will never utilize them to their potential if your engine can't be tuned more aggressively. It's basically like getting all of these parts installed and not getting a tune - why have the parts in the first place if your stock components were handling intake air temps, boost, etc fine?
Appreciate 0