07-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #236
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
It's not entirely illogical to think BMW, given the "excuses" they made about the 1M being what it is because of it's short time to production, that the M2 would have improved on it in some way other than the natural progression of improvements from one model to the next. .

Agree with you about it not being illogical to think or hope... ... however don't ASSUME... because that certainly becomes illogical if you don't take into account actual history. Hint.. you might notice me doing that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
It will be interesting to see the final product, which may prove that level of speculation and dampened hopes all for naught, but as it stands, the M2 as great as it might be is going to have the middle child syndrome - not as special as the first, and always living in the shadows of its older siblings. BMW doesn't seem to have aspirations about making this car stand out on its own, but we shall see...

Same could be said about the E36 M3... A car that came to the US with no " individual throttle bodies " etc etc.. and people said wasn't a " REAL M3" (myself included... yes.. I was an elitist E30 M3 owner... but I've learned... and bought a " parts bin " car myself... and it's AWESOME.

doesn't matter the seats only came one color..
doesn't matter if there were only 3 exterior cololrs
doesn't matter that it didn't get a CF roof, no DCT.. no sunroof.. etc..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-29-2015 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 1