View Single Post
      07-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #227
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
My thoughts exactly. I must say my mind is all over the place car-wise though, because I am also interested in a C7 and the new GT350. Before people say the M2 is not in the same class as these two cars, keep in mind not everyone cross shops cars in the exact same class. What puts these three cars on my short list is they are all powerful RWD coupes with a manual transmission still available and are in a similar price range. I always toy with the idea of picking up a used Z4 M Coupe too...
I actually considered those, but also the Caymans.
- Z4M: Love that car, and it's an appreciating asset. But the whole idea of buying a new car was so that I can have a warranty on one. I'm tired of maintaining these cars and would like a little break
- GT350: Straight up, it's too big of a car. I refuse to buy a coupe that's even bigger than my E92. Absolute deal breaker
- C7: I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the interior. Good looking car.
- Cayman S: Love it death. Out of my budget new.

The M2 just ticks all the right boxes for me. Right size, hopefully right price (below 55k for a stripper), more than enough performance, 6MT, RWD. But most important, FUN.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2