View Single Post
      08-21-2020, 04:22 AM   #17
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

You’re not supposed to blow air straight onto the disc. It leads to large temp differences and premature cracking and pad wear. This is the main reason I haven’t done any of the backing solutions for the M2, that and I’ve seen carbon backing plates catch on fire.

My deflectors direct air into the hat.

I think the some cooling on the M2 is good whether you have APs or not, since the airflow is so bad on our cars. The M2C at least has some air flowing into the wheel well, which helps.

If I was pushing really hard in a 30-45min session I’d get a little fade in the front AP’s, but it was pad fade from the DS1.11, which kind of reminds me of a PFC 08 (which I never cared for much). Once the DS3.12 came out, no fade ever and super consistent and similar feel to a PFC 11.

Also getting rear APs maybe would have negated me needing the GT3 deflectors, but again, the air flow on the OG M2 is terrible, so it cant hurt. They also don’t overcool the disc surface in winter time, which many of the hose/backing plate kits do making it an issue in cold weather daily driving.

Last edited by ZM2; 08-21-2020 at 04:41 AM..
Appreciate 0