View Single Post
      10-16-2023, 06:01 PM   #1
Bertskizpolski
Registered
Rep
Drives: Subaru Impreza, BMW M2

Battery charge not being read accurately

Hi,

I’ve been using Bimmerlink to read my battery’s charge state and according to it and the car, my battery is dying and showing me charges of say 19% or 30%. Today when I started up my car it’s reading 1%, but it’s firing up and driving just fine.

Initially it was saying it’s being drained when the car is off, but I tested the actual battery and its state of charge is just fine at around 70%, and every other aspect of the battery’s health is fine.

The car is misreading the battery and thinks it has a lower charge than it does, treating it as if it’s dying. So I don’t have LED daylights when unlocking, no comfort access, etc. but the car fires up perfectly fine and has no issues afterwards. Alternator also checked and it’s working fine.

The battery was replaced at a BMW dealership around 1k miles ago and Bimmerlink is showing it as being registered around the correct mileage so I’m assuming it was done correctly.

I’ll probably need to make an appointment at my local Indy BMW shop to have it checked, but any input here? Any likely issues or solutions?
Appreciate 0