02-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #147
chazmink
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshot_rooke View Post
So, does this offer all coding options vs. connecting your car to laptop with the coding software?

Just reading through the thread, it seems like this is much more easy to use than the software and flashing/coding through the laptop method.
I haven't used it yet but based on the demo it does. It looks like the popular features are offered first but if you go to the Expert Mode everything for that module seems to be listed. The only thing I'm not sure of is how many modules it reads. My adapter should arrive from Amazon tomorrow and I will check it then. Others can feel free to chime in with how many modules.

I know many say that Esys is easy to use and it may be but to me getting it set up seems like a challenge

Good luck.

UPDATE:
My dongle arrived from Amazon today. I was able to code quickly.

It recognized five modules on my 2013 328i FEM, REM, Air Conditioning, HU_CIC and Instrument Cluster). It did not recognize the ACSM module so no access to seat belt chimes. I coded a couple things in expert mode that I couldn't code with Carly ( i.e. Weatherband Radio and unlock on ignition off so I don't have to double pull the door handle). I also coded a couple things from their menu. I did one module at a time. I think that is required. Also, I did not lose my presets on buttons 1-8 as others did. Perhaps the latest version fixed that glitch. Mirror fold with comfort access from the remote did work for me.

Bottom line: I am glad I purchased BimmerCode and the dongle. If I'd known about it earlier I wouldn't have purchased Carly. Of course, Carly works for more models and does some other things including the CSM module For an F series owner that only wants to easily code, BimmerCode is probably all that is needed.

2013 328i MSport Estoril Blue, 6spd MT, Premium, Tech & Drivers Assist +, Bavsound Stage One/Ghost, Bimmertech Amp
Appreciate 3
Em-too279.50
ried791.50