United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn View Post
Pyrat, Any sense of what happens to toe when camber is changed?

I'm looking at GC/TC/Vorshlag plates, and wondering if the toe change between street/track camber settings, say 1.5 to 3, is acceptable or wicked awful. That's really going to drive whether an easily adjustable camber plate is of any value to me.

Looking at a 8 hour drive to VIR, and not looking to tear up street tires on the way there and back

Thanks for any insight,
rjn
When you add negative camber, you also add toe-out.

You don't have to fret about tire wear to and from the track if you zero the toe when you crank up negative camber.

I've been running -3.5deg camber full time for a couple years with zero toe. I drive around 7k street miles per year, mostly surface streets, and see fairly even wear across the fronts. I benefit from having a square setup, so I can rotate front-to-back.

On camber plates' adjustability: TCKline are not adjustable on the car; GC and Dinan are, though. K-MACs are very difficult to adjust without alignment equipment, so I recommend saving that for the shop lest you screw up your caster (which can make the car feel quite funny).
A little confused here. I'm running TCKlines and they are definitely adjustable on the car. Jack the car up, remove the 4 set screws, tap to the new position (use a short roofing nail to line up the hole), reinsert the screws. They don't have the small adjustability that other brands offer but in exchange the settings are exactly repeatable.