01-29-2020, 12:32 AM   #29
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5isalive View Post
Why do you think they need to switch to 'better tires' for this review? Both cars come with the same tire, its a good test.

How often do you see reviewers state tire pressure and condition of the tire? LOL they dont because the average viewer doesnt care. You are grasping at straws here... of course the m2 would be faster on a cup 2, so would the supra.

They even stated the M2 was wonderful on the street... thats what matters here. The M2C is not a track car. Its a street car. In stock configuration the M2C is a shitty track car.
Tyres pressure and condition should be mentioned because of fidelity!

They are using the video to state the Supra is faster on the track so yes, I am interested in all the pertinent factors so no, I am not grasping at straws.

The tyres are of the same brand and model but different sizes so no, they don't have the same tyres.

People change tyres regularly because they are consumables so it's totally reasonable to ponder what's going to happen when the M2C has the same tyres (PSS 255/275) as the Supra since it's only one size up.

The M4 ZCP which is of similar weight (same peak torque of 550Nm) to the M2C runs F: 265/40 20, R: 285/30-20. That gives you some hint of what the optimum tyres size the M2C should be on.

Some people just look at the video and said yes the Supra overtook the M2C at the end so it's faster. I don't care who is faster but I am interested in the cause. Since the M2C was leading all the way up until it got pipped in the second last corner, I do believe those tyres on the M2C was holding it back much more than those on the Supra.

Last edited by Karmic Man; 01-29-2020 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 1