View Single Post
      07-01-2020, 02:23 AM   #11
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
This is where I hope you're wrong in the most polite way possible. There are so many M2/M2C's out in the wild and if I can reach even a 1/4 of them that love to mod/improve cars as much as I do, it shouldn't be that difficult to do. There is definitely a market for it, just need to capture the right folks!
No offence taken. In a similar vain look at how much interest this thread is getting. I hope it gets made as then itll be available should I ever want it down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
I would presume the physics to be like a similar reduction to the weight of the wheels since this is rotational mass. So the difference should be substantial. 10lbs is a lot on one moving part meaning less engine power needed to do the same work.
Exactly and ppl will spend cash on wheels and brakes 1st (presuming this is for a track car as otherwise this mod is a bit ostentatious) achieving a similar benefit while also improving tire selection, contact patch area, and/or braking.

10lbs is about the same as reducing wheel weights by 1.2kg, that is pretty easy to do considering the stock wheels are not so light.