View Single Post
      03-13-2024, 10:10 AM   #5
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by boba7523 View Post
Thank you. What tire temp should I be aiming for during hot lap, and if it exceeds that, should I just exit to the pit lane to cool off and also release some psi?

Edit: I just did some more searching and it sounds like I can get about 3-4 hot laps on ~2mile track before tires get greasy. Can I do a cooldown lap any time I want during hot laps without getting any authorization? I'll be in beginner group...
Talk with your instructor about how to manage tires during a 25min session but my advice is not to overthink it. My advice would be to set pressures to 32psi for your first morning session. Stay in tune with the grip the tires are communicating but don’t do “cool down” laps on hot track as a beginner. After the first session immediately after coming in and parking check pressures (which will be about 40psi give or take) and bleed down to 36. Rinse and repeat for session two. All you care about are hot pressures. Don’t sweat tire temps, just focus on listening to what the tires are telling you as they get greasy.

If/when your cold pressures dip below 28psi after sitting for 2hr the car may throw a warning and lock you into comfort. Don’t trip. Just reset the TPMS via iDrive just before going back out. While it’s resetting, it will allow you back into Sport/Sport+ and your tires will likely be back up above 28psi before it’s done resetting at which point you’re golden.

Your objective here is to get comfortable on track, managing traffic, and getting seat time. Car setup like alignment, tire temps and wear come later.

Last edited by ThreeStripes; 03-13-2024 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 2