Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp, HS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishr View Post
Hi peeps,

Just getting close to my 1200 miles for the running-in service and still can't find some exact info on what is required for this service. I also live in the Midlands(UK) and all the BMW dealers I've contacted so far are rather clueless.

So what exactly needs to be done at this running in service? Some say this should include bleeding of the intercooler (S55 engine) but dealers don't seem to include this.

Also, can someone recommend a good BMW service around the Midlands(UK). Happy to travel a bit for this so feel free recommend even if they're a bit further away.

Any further insight/help on the running-in service or servicing the M2C in general would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also at a similar stage, about half way through the running in mileage. I'm currently booked in with Barretts in Canterbury for the 17th; had tussles with them in the past on my M5, but we got there in the end, and they did a good job. I know their head tech, Colin, so I'll see if I can glean more info if I can bump into him.

It must be documented somewhere (I'm going to start trawling that treasure trove of M2C info that's in one of these sub-forums - maybe service info is in there?)

ETA - when making my booking last week, they offered me the Service Pack subscription.....£1,260 up front or £35/mth x 35 payments and it covers S1 service @ 15k miles (oil and microfilter) and S2 major service at 30k miles. You also get:

- 1x MOT (which won't be until Dec 2022)
- Wash & vac per visit (no thanks, nobody washes my car apart from me)
- Fluid top up each service (er, the S1 service is a fluid change, and the S2 is a major service including oils?!?)
- Seasonal healthcheck (maybe useful for Granny Smith or somebody not at all interested in maintaining a car)
- Map updates (I think I have this included in one of my "pack" subscriptions anyway)

....So, I need to investigate the off-the-street cost of an S1 and S2 service, but to me, it looks an utter waste of time? Anyone else using it? I thought initially it may include the running in service (£355+VAT) but nope....

Last edited by spenny_b; 01-08-2020 at 04:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
prompt292.00