View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #9
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyE12345 View Post
I own a DCT, I think it is amazing too. I was just surprised to hear a reviewer say it, usually they still argue the manual is the better choice. I don’t know if I’ve heard anyone praise it as much as him. I believe he said it was on supercar levels. My only complaint about the DCT is driving around town at slower speeds it isn’t incredibly smooth, or doesn’t know what gear it wants to be in. I would have bought a manual if I didn’t own a s2000. Overall I’m very happy with the DCT.
I think that might be because he isn't a regular car reviewer that works for a website with a staff. It seems EVERY reviewer from websites will spend at least some amount of time trying to convince us of their car guy credibility by talking about how the MT is what they would prefer, of course that's what they would buy, everyone else should buy it too, it's more fun, it's the correct transmission, why would you buy an auto, especially on a car like this etc, but the DCT is fine for an auto. Then they move on. They also probably throw in a pros and cons list at the end that something like Pros: car is pretty fun and smallest M car. Cons: suspension harsher than town car and doesn't seat 6 with costco cargo + dog so no practical. Such insight!
Appreciate 1
The_Werm212.00