MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by scflaw View Post
Hey Guys

Been trying to find the proper parameters in Bimmercode to change from the 6.5" Screen to the 8.8" Screen. I didn't spec my car with the Navigation and as a result it came with the Crappy toy monitor.

The display_resolution parameter does not show under 3000HMI in HU_NBT. I think i'm doing something wrong. Would appreciate it if anybody could direct me in the proper direction.
Hi
These might help you. Exact locations vary by model but should be close.
coding change needed to upgrade 6.5” display to 8.8” for f48 with NBT evo ID6
Using Bimmercode in expert mode HU NBT 3005 display_pip_config section
Change CID_Display_res from 800x480 to 1280x480
Change CID_Display_ size from 6.5 to 8.8
Now go out and enter 3001 section and find
Display_Variante and change from schmal (German for narrow) to breites (wide)
Now go into Nav section
Find Display_Resolution and change from 800x480 to 1280x480
In brief 4 coding changes in 3 separate section of NBT HU ecu
All changes require expert mode.
Screen works after first two code changes, nav will work also but you need to change res in nav section to get full screen effect in map view and finally section 3005 change is needed otherwise idrive home screen will only show two menu icons (like in 6.5 display) rather than 3.
I checked all other differences between option SA6UN nav and SA6UP Nav plus
It would appear than to get final full Nav plus functionality (excluding hud and touch controller) for CID , you may need to disable arrow view, it appears twice in lists in HU_NBT 3000 HMI once in English as arrow view and also Pfeil ansicht. Looking at functionality differences between the two; SA6UP has assistance window and SA6UN has arrow view (both show route arrows as pop up window on side of map) both views have same info but different layout. And my NBT evo ID6 menu has option to turn arrow view on or off I have left this for the moment. I may play and see if changing arrow view code to not activate then gives me assistance window - Final update< after long journey, functionality just appeared in nav menu. Looks like delay in coding effect in the nav software section.

Hope this helps
Mark
Appreciate 1
///M Houbi1655.00