bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Lap times should be taken with a huge grain of salt. I have a buddy with an identical M2 as I have, he is very experienced, great driver. He runs 4-5 seconds faster than I do and I am faster than most. I have seen guys in slow cars drive incredible lap times and I have seen guys in very capable cars turn in very slow lap times. That is not to even get in the discussion of weather, track condition or tire condition/type. Point is the only lap time that is really relevant is the lap time you can turn in your car.
So, you track a Toyota Corolla then? Because lap times don't matter and it just matters what you can do in your car, right?

This whole discussion really confuses me. The results are the results. They aren't the sole, canonical source that determines M2C performance relative to the competition, but they're a data point.

Lots of folks seem really anxious to dismiss these results as irrelevant, but no one has provided any good reason why.

The M2C has proven its competence on this circuit on this day. Give it the credit it's due, or provide a credible counter argument.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8679.50
M-Pilot4859.00