View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #285
msjr
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
I had MPE and Akra on my F80s. I had the full Akra evo system which included the midpipe and deleted secondary cats. Both sound good to me, the Akra was deeper and less raspy. It sounded more refined and I could actually feel a bit more power with the Akra. They are both expensive, the Akra was just a bit more but I'll never buy another exhaust system again for an M. Akra is the only system where you get more power, less weight and improved sound. I'll be purchasing the Akra-evo for my M2C as soon as I have the extra money.
Thanks yaymitch! That is super helpful. Most people believe that the Akra is the better buy, has better quality etc. The weight savings is awesome but all the videos that I have seen on youtube don't blow me away. But listening to exhausts in youtube clips is a fools errand. I have such a hard time distinguishing what's what so this feedback is helpful.

What did you mean when you said you will never get another exhaust system for an M. Do you mean you'll never buy the M performance exhaust again?

Funny enough, I actually have the exact same car and specs as you do. Moving to Austin in a month so was thinking I'd wait to find a good BMW shop there. If you know any in your area, please let me know!

Last edited by msjr; 07-20-2020 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 0