View Single Post
      08-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Turbo E36 M3 -- It's under the knife!!.....I EXCITE!

Finally felt good enough this evening to tear into the M3. Its been sitting on Adam's lift all week without oil and the mid pipe removed in prep for this.

I tore into it, this is all new territory for me on an e36 and I'm loving it

Front bumper is off

new Fujita air filter

time to clean its teeth...yuck bugs everywhere

Hello

2 quick interior shots.....needs some conditioner on the vinyl, been sitting w/ the windows open baking in his garage during the day

The M3's stabelmate for the few weeks it will be under the knife, Adam's beautiful M5. Its going up on the lift Saturday to get a new clutch

Intercooler is off

Skipping WAY ahead the downpipe and wastegate are already off, turbo has been unbolted, coolant drained and the turbo is FREEEEEE to go to anther car

BUT holy crap, I had no idea this was going on

I'm guessing the turbo was like this since I've owned it. The car has only run better and better since I've got it since i'm giving seriously needed maintenance and love. Sooooo i'm actually really pumped since I cant wait to feel the difference of a well running gt35r!!!! If this little guy w/ these shredded ass blades was running as fast and smooth as it was, god I cant wait for 35r and meth w a custome tune.

I EXCITE

the 60-1 will receive a new compressor wheel and is going to be sold along with a lot of other turbo parts. I already have a buyer lined up guys so no need to PM me.

In comparison

gt35r .82 vs the TT stg II 60-1 turbo

Back down for a few more things under the hood like removing all intake piping

obviously havent touched it yet. I'm going to take this oppurtunity to clean up the wiring in the engine bay. Hide the HID ballasts, etc.

Cleaned up for the evening and will be back for more tomorrow

MORE TO COME!!!

UPDATE 8/30

Got a little more time....30 minutes or so and opened up the 35r to "reclock" it and rotate the compressor housing to match the old turbo. Also took the time to degrease and clean the compressor housing.

Nothing crazy, more coming tomorrow night....god willing it will be mounted.

Got it apart

Compressor

Housing (no gasket)

Rotated to match the 60-1

Random parts laying around the garage, will have these organized and cleaned tomorrow too

Downpipe and Wastegate pipe

mid pipe and charge pipe

Last edited by Sniz; 08-30-2009 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0