01-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #37
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
N55 sound is awesome though, but it's not a track/high speed* driving engine vs S55. Tell me about it.

* 130-150mph mph for minutes it doesn't like. Mine didn't. Autobahn near Düsseldorf.....
Dude, you have been banging this drum for so long you should just change your name to Keith Moon and be done with it. Do you know how many POV videos have been done with the N55 M2 on the autobahn at max speed for minutes at a time? Do you realize your car could have thrown an error code for any number of reasons, from a bad spark plug to a bad tank of gas? You took that one situation, from which zero conclusions could be drawn because there were too many variables at play, and you've turned it into a multi-year indictment of the N55. If I had a dollar for every time you've posted the phrase "not up to the task" about the N55, I'd buy the Netherlands and proclaim a new law against going on the Internet and posting the phrase "not up to the task".

We get it - your car threw an error code on the autobahn. And yes, we all know there's the other member whose car threw an error code somewhere in Italy and he acknowledged it happened one time and was never repeated. If you want to be upset that your car threw an error code, nobody will take that away from you. My almost-new Mustang 5.0 once stranded me about 10 miles out of Tampa, fuel pump died prematurely. Not a fun day. But I didn't then spend literally years posting about how the Mustang V8 wasn't "up to the task". You got an error code, they happen, can we please move on?
Appreciate 5
Poochie9099.00
VisualEcho6625.50
kfscoll208.50
D22M21368.00