Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Maybe people with more money and car knowledge than myself would enjoy a project like that but I certainly wouldn't. You'd need deep pockets and it's also quite a lot of parts to have to install and potentially remove for service/resale. I personally would much rather have an engine where a few very basic bolt ons (Tune, Downpipes, IC) would be enough to make it move: N54/B58/S55. I'm not trying to add turbos, fuel pumps, gapped plugs, port injection, methanol, E85, charge pipes, dv's and god knows what else. That gets expensive and diagnosing issues becomes a headache. I don't want a project car that's constantly being worked on sitting in the garage. I just want to get in and drive and have everything work. To each their own I suppose.
I'm with you, but honestly, for a bit bigger turbo there aren't many more things you need to do as far as supporting mods. It's just a slightly weak link, like the intercooler, charge pipe, and base tune.

I also think the car moves just fine in stock form, it's just our nature as car guys to think it needs more because more can be had relatively easily.

480/480 in this car and not only moves, it's a damn beast.
Appreciate 2