02-27-2019, 11:59 AM   #3
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
I don't see mid 30's by summer, maybe high 30's unless it's a 40-70k mile car or something. Most the 2016's with reasonable miles are around low 40's right now which is about a 15-17k hit and the depreciation rate will slow down a bit from here on out. Low miles 2017's are still mid 40's.

I don't think very many people leased M2's, so there won't be that many on lease turn in's.
I agree - very few people leased the M2, the terms just weren't advantageous to car flippers, and the M2 may actually be the BMW outlier relative to all their other models. And many of those that did lease were often taking advantage of business deductions and/or planning to purchase at lease end so those won't go back to the dealer anyway. I just don't see a big lease turn-in cycle with this car.

That said, I think the economy and the stock market are very disconnected - you'd think from watching CNBC that everything is great but I don't think that's the case. Too many people are over-leveraged, buried in debt and car payments they wish they could unload. If you're patient and a smart Internet shopper you'll find a good deal. I just see too many people playing "keep up with the Joneses", and anyone with cash in the bank is going to have plenty of good opportunities to take advantage when those people get desperate to sell.

I like your E90 M3 idea...if I weren't mechanically clueless and paranoid about spun bearings, I'd love to spend a year or two with an E93 M3 just to cross it off the bucket list.
Appreciate 1