View Single Post
      06-21-2018, 07:25 AM   #71
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
Mine had cold start rattle prior to the tune that removed the cold start and I assure you the rattle that is displayed in these videos wee the same as mine and it was the tips...and not them being loose either. How i know...I tested it with them installed, then not installed and installed again. I knew it would be since it was the same issue I had with the M4. My MPE is ver 2 or 3 depending on how you look at it and I installed it myself and the install is perfect.

So bottom line, if it rattles you can look up underneath and you will find that most are not hitting the brace..... period

Those with ver 1 have suffered slippage with the style of clamp and interface it used but the sound is more of a metal to metal banging not a resonating vibration like these videos display...that is my point
Dude! Don't tell me or call me out for BS unless you know for yourself! I can tell you without exception in my case, and many others it is the exhaust slightly rubbing the bracket during cold start. If your tips are rattling, ok, that is the issue you had.

Edit: Ok, I am understanding the tip rattle better now and agree the videos are probably tips rattling vs hitting the bracket.

Last edited by M2joey; 06-21-2018 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0