View Single Post
      06-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #68
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by isjoey View Post
No, this is true! They are not the tips rattling. Can the tips rattle if loose, yes.

Yup! Incorrect installation, cutting the exhaust pipe to short or long is one of the main issues. If the clamp also comes loose it needs to be replaced - easy to do if you are driving on the track. I went through three clamps, I finally just had it welded. Issue resolved!
Mine had cold start rattle prior to the tune that removed the cold start and I assure you the rattle that is displayed in these videos wee the same as mine and it was the tips...and not them being loose either. How i know...I tested it with them installed, then not installed and installed again. I knew it would be since it was the same issue I had with the M4. My MPE is ver 2 or 3 depending on how you look at it and I installed it myself and the install is perfect.

So bottom line, if it rattles you can look up underneath and you will find that most are not hitting the brace..... period

Those with ver 1 have suffered slippage with the style of clamp and interface it used but the sound is more of a metal to metal banging not a resonating vibration like these videos display...that is my point
Appreciate 0