View Single Post
      05-02-2018, 12:31 AM   #36
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

OP here. I went with the Eventuri and installed it today. It's actually not as loud in cabin as I was expecting. The BSR intake on my Saab 93 Aero is much louder. The intake sound is louder and there is a loud blow-off sound when I let off the gas on the Saab. My Saab is also tuned, so maybe the higher boost is making it louder. More air being sucked in and more being blown out.

As for the Eventuri, mine has the new filter style and it still has the bottle blowing whistling sound. I think it's unique, so I don't mind it as much as I thought I would. And it definitely does make that sound while driving. But it's only when I let off the gas. The most noticeable time this happens is in Sport+ with the DCT auto rev matching when I downshift approaching a stop sign. Which I end up doing quite a bit because I live in a city.

After removing my stock airbox, I totally see why stock is probably sufficient. Adding the Eventuri scoop to stock would probably have lower IATs than any of the other intake options.

I kinda wish I did try the BMS intake, so I could report on if I got a CEL. But I didn't want the hassle of having to return it and buy the Eventuri if it did happen. I just wanted something I knew worked.
Appreciate 0