03-06-2018, 07:48 PM   #33
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
I have the CTS intake and it is just ok as far as build quality goes. While it mostly sounds great, it has this annoying whistle that either has disappeared over time or I just don't notice it anymore after having the intake for a while.

I actually dremeled the plastic wire cover so that it would fit with the intake and still protect the wires in that box. Figured that buying another cover down the road is a small price to pay.

Eventually I would love to get the Eventuri, it is just beautiful. I know the intakes don't really add any power, but like a cat-back exhaust, the sound is worth it IMO.
Yeah Eventuri is the way to go! But I wish BMS didn’t throw a CEL. For the price you can’t go wrong. BMS’ response to the CEL get JB4 and run mafless....

But I don’t want to run a JB4 lol I’m flash tuned for a reason...

I’m sure my BM3 tune could be made to work with BMS but eh not down. ALSO, where the filter attaches to the rotomolded plastic tube, its not reinforced with metal so under heat it can deform and essentially the filter won’t be sealed or could fall off.

I say $1000 is a reasonable price for an intake on a car like this. I wish there was a plastic version of the Eventuri, that’s what I’d get....I don’t care what the engine bay looks like, stock looks sexy enough to me.

Also, very curious on the other carbon fiber intakes out there, looking inside the carbon tube is it smooth like the outside? The Eventuri is not smooth at all, I can see how that could potentially affect flow...cause turbulence in certain areas.

But in the end, stock intake is superior. Does stock intake suffice with say PURE Stage 2 + auxiliary fueling, like 500 hp area?
Appreciate 1
Bazgab132.00