View Single Post
      01-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #20
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
With the fusetaps, that's not always the case. You can install it either way, and it will provide hot out the tail...
That isn't the way it was with my fuse-taps, one leg went to the same leg of both fuses, the other leg went to the other leg of the bottom fuse, and the wire went to the other leg of the top fuse. If you put it in the wrong way, you got nothing out of the wire, but the regular car fuse (bottom one) worked fine.

Quote:
I prefer to "do it right."
Absolutely!

Quote:
What did you use for the permanent 12v, direct on the battery or something else? There's no way for it to shut off the battery AFAIK, but any other fused "always hot" location may not actually always be hot, because of modern battery management techniques. What did you use for switched too, the radio like in this video? It shouldn't really matter since I wouldn't expect the PMP to care about the switched power going away (I would guess it is only used so it knows when to start its timer).
I used a fuse for the both the permanent 12v, and the switched 12v, because it resulted in a neater install, and I haven't noticed any issues with the battery voltage at the fuse, even though I have at the battery - see this new thread: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1453669.

One additional thing I noticed in my testing yesterday, is that if the PMP switches off because of low voltage, it seems to require BOTH a voltage on the switched wire, AND a voltage sufficiently higher than where it shut off previously. In other words, if you switch the ignition on the next morning after the PMP has switched off the car, it's not enough to turn it back on again; you need to start the car to get the voltage up a bit higher than just the 12.35v that my car was at rest, or it won't turn the camera back on.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00