///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
they need to pirate Andreas Preuninger,
I think he'd be great as the head of BMW ///M or even BMW AG, but I'm guessing he'd readily admit to not being a good candidate for head of BMW design since he's not a designer, but an engineer.

Also, I was thinking about whether I'd want Andreas Preuninger to join BMW. I love BMW, but I'm first and foremost an all-automobiles-not-just-BMW-enthusiast and I think I love him right where he is doing amazing things for Porsche. I think he's my favorite guy in the car industry right now.

-------------

As for Karim Habib, I really like the current designs coming out of BMW, so I wish him the very best and hope BMW finds an excellent replacement.

I also think it's hard (for me, at least) to really judge a designer's legacy until 10+ years from now, when we can look back to see whether his or her designs achieve "timeless" status. People might like or dislike his designs (a matter of personal preference), but I think it's too early to write the final chapter on Karim Habib's overall impact and contribution to BMW and automotive design.
Appreciate 0