Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
f30 3 series
f32 4 series
f80 M3
f82 M4
g30 5 series
f06 6 series Gran Coupe
f87 M2

Are you all freakin high???? Karim Habib will down in BMW history as a legendary designer!
Those cars all do look good, most surprisingly the Gran Coupe 6 series. None of them are bad.

I would argue that while aesthetically pleasing, none of those cars do or ever will be considered classic/true/purist/whatever-you-want-to-call-it designs like the E46 M3, E30 or the 2002.

I think from a business standpoint, for the direction BMW is headed, this guy had it right. Most of the cars look similar if you put them side by side, there's a lot of continuity in the lineup which is good for a brand if you look at it in isolation - but compared to other pedestrian cars on the road today, most of the BMWs just blend in because unfortunately many design techniques are applied similarly across the industry.

From an enthusiast standpoint, I'm sorry but there's nothing in that lineup of cars other than MAYBE the M2 that jumps out and says "I'm special!". The entire non-M F-series cars just aren't anything to write home about, nor is a standard 5-series.

Even the F82/F80, while at least I will notice them on the street and be like "oh hey they bought an M, good job", still don't inspire anything in me.

And that is perhaps the biggest issue that people here are probably having - there is nothing inspired about the designs. That doesn't mean they are not aesthetically pleasing in some ways. But there is a big difference between those two concepts.
1-2MANY46.00
Stankia14.00