07-29-2016, 06:43 AM   #24
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastrix View Post
I ordered HiFi Professional and not HK as (like you) I didn't like how it sounded on a test drive.

The HK system, widely regarded as 'acoustically flawed' on the forums, costs the equivalent of €752 in Sweden and so far i've spent €230 on upgraded front speakers/tweeters. Once i've installed them will see if I need to spend another €100 on rear JBL's and/or €100 on the ASD harness.

If I install all of the above it is still €300 cheaper than the factory fit HK

I'm following this thread about upgrading from HK, have a read and reach your own conclusions

I think that's how people justify to themselves for wasting €752 on HK Seriously, at the end of the day many owners are happy with the HK system but my view was why pay for something you don't like or want.
Thanks for the link! So the HK of the M2 is exactly the same as on every other 2 series… Makes sense! I was thinking that maybe the amplifiers of the HK are better and so the HK is a better starting point for upgrading instead of the lower spec HiFi system. The HK option is costing me 420euro and it's on my car. No the end of the world…but if it stays crap then that is indeed wasted money

I have read in that link that disconnecting the center speaker makes an improvement…something I can easily try. So with that in mind I was thinking of ordering this front and rear speaker set from BAVsound as a direct plug & play replacement (without the center speaker off course). I have friend who goes do the USA on a regular time…so they can bring it for me and I don't need to pay shipping charges or custom taxes. The price is around 600euro for this set.