Wallander
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
If you want to upgrade the audio system with something aftermarket (I don't know what the possibilities are) is it better to start from the base audio system or from the HK system?
I ordered HiFi Professional and not HK as (like you) I didn't like how it sounded on a test drive.

The HK system, widely regarded as 'acoustically flawed' on the forums, costs the equivalent of €752 in Sweden and so far i've spent €230 on upgraded front speakers/tweeters. Once i've installed them will see if I need to spend another €100 on rear JBL's and/or €100 on the ASD harness.

If I install all of the above it is still €300 cheaper than the factory fit HK

I'm following this thread about upgrading from HK, have a read and reach your own conclusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
someone told me the system needs to play at least 10 hours to "play in" and then the sound would be better
I think that's how people justify to themselves for wasting €752 on HK Seriously, at the end of the day many owners are happy with the HK system but my view was why pay for something you don't like or want.