87BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjk View Post
I'm a little confused now. Since my vehicle's making its way across the Atlantic, I'm very curious.

Does it sound the same with Comfort+DSC as Sport+ only, or Sport+ and DSC? Which is louder and produces more pop/burble?
Here is my summary based on my experience only...

- Comfort and DSC = a little quieter on acceleration with more of pops/burbles on deceleration than Sport+

- Sport and DSC = same as "comfort and DSC" because pressing DSC seems to put the car back in comfort mode

- Sport+ = louder during acceleration but with slightly less pops and burbles.

Every time I press DSC (in any mode), the car removes the Sport or Sport+ mode. Effectively taking it back to comfort (I can feel this as the throttle gets less responsive too). However, it maintains the huge pops/burbles on deceleration. It is, however, a bit quieter on acceleration.

Others may feel differently but my car is louder in Sport+ on everything except deceleration pops/burbles.

If someone doesn't want to drive in comfort mode, this mod has limited benefit IMO.
Concur 100% with your explanation based on my experience in my own car. double or triple tapping of DSC button in sport/sport+ modes doesn't seem to open any different modes, it merely puts the car back in comfort with DSC decel burbles a la quick tapping DSC just once.
Appreciate 0