View Single Post
      04-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #49
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_9192 View Post
So if I purchase these wheels, does the stock suspension have the required adjustment for negative camber to account for that requirement (listed above)? I want some track wheels but I really don’t want to modify the suspension if I can avoid it (e.g. camber plates). Please advise ASAP!

<edit> Apologies...I hadn't read the entire post when I typed this via phone. I see now that there is some discussion around this topic but if I went 265 front on stock ride height, would pulling the camber pins be enough for me to daily drive and track the car on EC-7's withouth rubbing/interference?
Edit:

Front camber is not adjustable unfortunately like it is on previous BMW models with removable camber pins, so you'd may get some rubbing on full-lock turns or during hard cornering. Using a smaller tire may help in the short run, but is not recommended as it would result in a sidewall that is either too short or too tall.

With that said, I strongly recommend adding camber plates if you plan to track the car even a handful of times per year. It's a one-time cost that will drastically reduce recurring costs due to reduced tire wear. Camber plates distribute the cornering load evenly across the tread's surface, rather than putting it on the outer shoulder of the tire. In addition, you'll appreciate the increased grip in cornering knowing your tires aren't wearing prematurely.

--Dylan

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 04-23-2019 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0