View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #22
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: Team Schirmer M2 GT

As I mentioned before I had a vision for what I wanted to do and of course the mod purchases began. I actually bought a few things before I even had the deal for the car finalized.

After driving a little bit, it was clear to me that the stock strut/springs were complete shit. The ride quality (subjective) daily driving was jarring and overall not great. Compared to my e92 M3 Comp in stock form, this to me was definitely something that had to go.

Initially I was going to try out Ohlins R&T but knew that MCS has always been something I was after to try out based off their reputation, feedback and that they are local to me. This MCS 2WNR had about 1k after it's rebuild service so basically new dampers so I said why not?! Also, from research I can convert these to 2-WR if I choose so, I found this kit to be of great value now and down the road. Found a deal of a fellow member parting with his kit that included everything needed to plug and play, timing was just right...OR I may scour the forums like a mad man hourly lol. The kit came with:
  • 2WNR Dampers
  • Eibach Springs (2.25" 650lb 6"/900lb 8")
  • Ground Control Camber Plates
  • Ground Control Weight Jack Adapters
  • Ground Control Adjustable Front End Links
  • Rear Clevis mounts
  • Damper Sleeves
After seeking some feedback from a few friends and chatting with Wyatt at MCS, I opted to make a couple of slight changes. I ended up going with slightly less aggressive spring rates and added a helper spring for the front.
  • Eibach Springs (2.25" 500lb 6"/800lb 6")
This would provide me with softer rates for a smoother ride that what came with the kit and the 6" spring in the rear to achieve a lower ride height. With that said, all of the stock suspension came out at 181 miles, it was probably the easier install i've done in a long time. Upon install, I set the ride height and dropped it to the ground for the first time and haven't even made a single adjustment yet. Ride height is perfect until I get my new wheel setup.

As for the MCS 2WNR Rebound and Compression settings, I've opted to keep them at their default recommendation. I think once I have added more components and get through break-in, I'll work on dialing these settings in more.
  • Compression - 4
  • Rebound - 8
A few pics of the gear I thought to take before I put em on. Like I said in my OP, its something I'm trying to do better on, documenting w/photos and updates!

JTO245246.50