ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Comp

Alpine White Reveries : Team Schirmer M2 GT

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello! My name is Dom and some of you may recognize may or may not know me from my last build. I had a 2012 M3 Competition and it was definitely a car that I enjoyed building, driving and owning. For reference, here is my old thread and pics.

I didn’t do a great job of build journal for every mod or picture every step of my progress. I guess I just love to wrench and once I get a part, I just get to work. It’s definitely something I've found therapeutic over the years and I’m excited for what is to come on my new journey. After I sold it in October 2019, I took a bit of time to figure out my next step and what I really wanted.

Alpine White Dreams

Come February, I had the urge to build another car, initially I wanted an 05-06 E46 M3 Comp 6MT white on black or cinnamon. The one I desired had to have extremely low miles and in mint condition for its age. It was proving to be nearly impossible, only ones that I could find were random ones that popped up on BaT and EAG. I found a few options, I just couldn’t bring myself to buying an old car for that kind of money especially when I knew I was going to build it the way I wanted to. In the midst of searching for the perfect e46, I ended up straying over to the M2C as I started to realize how it checked off all the boxes for me. It has the power and torque (S65 lacked torque), new updated technology, and its looks phenomenal. Most of all this car has so much potential and I instantly had a vision for the car.

Then after some research I fell in love with the M2C more and more. I watched a ton of YouTube videos, had discussions with friends and fellow enthusiasts; ultimately confirming this was the right fit for me. Now it was time to decide on which one to go with, Initially I was going to try something different Black Sapphire w/Orange stitch and DCT. Then I thought better and knew myself well enough that I'd regret going black in Atlanta when pollen season hits and well the relentless battle to keep it clean. SO with extreme excitement I went with Alpine White w/Blue stitch, exec, slick top and 6MT. Didn’t have to build one to spec and wait a long time as it was sitting at the port. I got a great deal and it was delivered to my house during lock down, pretty much the smoothest dealership interaction I've ever had.

I took delivery on my M2C on April 14th and even before then, as I mentioned, I had vision of what I wanted to do right off the bat. Parts were ordered and my spreadsheet had been created. I'll do my best to update this thread as I progress, I do post updates and share content on my IG regularly, if you are interested in following, click the image in my signature and give me a follow. I do love to share ideas and help people out where I can. I don't know everything there is to know but I definitely have a fair bit of experience doing something I love. With every build, I learn and grow, just happy to enjoy the ride!

Here are a few pics of in pure stock form.

Last edited by ebisu8; 01-02-2022 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 21