Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition Premiere Event, Switzerland

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello folks

So tonight was the long awaited BMW M2 Competition "closed room" even at BMW Headquaters in Dielsdorf, Switzerland. BMW really put a great event togther, first hour we were put into groups and each groups had 6 different M cars available. There was almost everything from M2, M3, M4, M4 CS, M5, M6, X5 M and so forth. We where able to drive all cars around the area for about 45 minutes, a great way to start such an event.

After arriving back at BMW we were fed and given some drinks. Then we were presented the M2 of Albin Mächler (www.albins.ch). A swiss race driver who put an S55 Motor into the M2 around a year ago himself. He told a lot about the build process and the challenges of building the car which was very interesting. The sound of the car was simply staggering......

Finally we all went towards the "closed room". It was absolutely impossible to make any pictures. The ticket into the closed room was to put the own mobile phone into a bag and seal that bag. Without that, no entry...

They didn't make it too long and then finally unwrapped the M2 Competition. It was actually the car we all know from the press kit fotos. So all i can give you with my sealed bag are my imperssions..

First of all i was happy to see the Hockenheim Silver in person. In nearly all pictures the car looks pretty whitish and in real live its not white at all, and i was hoping for that a lot. It looks rather more light gray and has a touch of metallic. it looks great in person and I am now sure about HS will be the right choice for me.

The M seats respectively its inserts where not as bad as i was expecting. If you look at the inserts from a steep angle then yes it looks very blue. But as said, its not that bad so will be fine. The seats where automatic and i was very positively suprised about how low they go. I had the feeling that they where even a bit lower than my E46's seats, so thats a big plus. i was able to get a much better angled and lower seating position than in the M2 LCI, very nice.

Wheels and big brakes where just gorgeous. I like the 788M wheels a lot since they kinda remind of the E46 M3 CSL wheels. they where polished/silver and looked just very very good.

One of the guys test sitting in the car "accidentally" turned on the motor. I was expecting the worst from sound perspective, but was very positively suprised about what i heard. He then quickly turned it off again, since it was a rather small and actually really closed room

Few minutes later BMW decided to "officially" start the motor for a short period of time (they opened the doors before ). They let Abin Mächler take place and play a bit with the peddals. I was really pleased with what i heard. If this is what i will get later on i will be a happy camper.

The front of the car looks super aggressive in person, the overall impression is great. I am really looking forward to have this baby in my garage..

Thank you BMW for hosting that superb event and thank you BMW Seeblick Garage for inviting me, it was a pleasure!

Last edited by ///M Houbi; 05-29-2018 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 26
Dr.Deep1827.00
SW192453.00
AlpsRider2863.50
ChrisK4449.00
Tag18116.50
Spare°257.50
BAN_M2C4171.00
CSBM52715.00
dmboone254972.00
seis-speed2430.50
KevinM2935.50