12-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #21
srleadjb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
I have an M2 and previously had an older Cayman S (987). The Cayman S was a go cart, much more precise and had a more sporty, stiffer feel. Low to the ground and no body lean at all but that car was underpowered. The last gen Cayman S was an amazing car (I have driven many) and IMO a better all around "sports car" than the M2 BUT the M2's engine, character, sound and overall driving experience is still superior to me. I just have so much fun in it. With the car in Sport+, the car is really dynamic, fast and has great balance on the limit of traction which makes it extremely fun to drive. And it is practical when you need it be.

I did cross shop these cars and the prices are no where near each other in reality. My M2 has every option (which there aren't many) and it was easily 20k less than a similarly equipped 718 S. Try configuring one on Porsches website, the base prices are not a reflection of what they actually cost.

I have to admit that I'am put off by the sound of the new 718 S. It might be ignorant of me but the idea of spending 85k on a Porsche and having a 4 cylinder bothers me. I'm not sure I even know why. Maybe I'm just getting old and still think more is better.....
Appreciate 2