View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #69
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrbri View Post
Since trading my E90 M3, which had awesome brake bite/feel from the stock system, even when swapping to race pads regularly for the track, I've been disappointed w/the factory brake bite/feel from the new fixed caliper brake systems. My 2015 M4, and now my 2017 M2 (same brakes, obviously), both exhibit a bit of a soft pedal feel and low initial bite w/the factory set up. This changed dramatically on the M4 w/racing pads (Pagid RSL-1 and RS-29) when on track. Braking bite, feel, and performance is excellent.

I'm considering looking into the Stoptech "Sport" and "Street" brake pads for my M2. Something w/a performance upgrade in the areas of initial bite/feel for the factory braking system. Anyone used these? Feedback?

I'm not worried about noise, dust, etc. Also not concerned about track performance, as I swap to racing pads for HPDE days.

Thanks!!!!!
The stock brakes are decidedly 'grabby' and feel over servo'd. The part numbers appear to be the same between markets, so when you're not tracking the car on a regular basis, how are you driving it?

I ask as a complete gibbon on another forum was criticising the stock brakes on his M4 for inducing instability when emergency braking from around 125mph. On the road...
Appreciate 0