specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidm2 View Post
you should know this when I created this thread, I immediately said that when installing the Ohlins kit I immediately had a knock at a low speed which intensified over time, my guys at the station immediately said that this was a shock absorber rod backlash. I sent them under warranty for Ohlins, they checked them and said that everything was in ok, but they sent me 2 new shock absorbers, which I installed and got the same result. Over time, the backlash reached such a size that it was not possible to ride.I sent them to the guys who are repairing the suspension. And they were very surprised, the backlash was very strong, they took them apart and said that Ohlins uses cheap ptfe bushes, which they put to people when they repair cheap suspension and want to do it for cheaper. Now I replaced the bushings with better ones, and replaced the grease. it once again cost me money. a lot of negative has accumulated during this time, I don’t understand why they pretend that everything is fine?
I've been without my Coilovers for 4 months now. They refused to replace them, they won't respond to my emails, they won't reimburse me for the cost of the removal and shipping of the part even though they've now identified they were faulty.

What's worse is the first time they checked them they said they were fine and I was about to drop another $800 for them to be reinstalled and car properly set up. Luckily I found this thread.

Its not a gripe with Ohlins its actually the local distributor here.

Once this part was replaced the issue was gone.

Last edited by specka; 08-02-2021 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0