04-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #8
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I live in AZ so on the hottest days 118ish I will get some heatsoak but when I track it I do it during the fall, winter or spring so 90ish or below I have not had an issue. I have a stage 1 VF engineering tune. If your going to track during hot days and or mod from what I have read the CSF radiator mod is the way to go. The heat soak issue is largely due to insufficient radiator cooling resulting in high coolant temps and to protect itself the car pulls power. I have decided to not mod my car for this very reason. I will eventually do this and all of the other CSF cooling mods but not for a while.

Chances are that you will not have much of an issue with heat soak, I have driven the M2 at thermal on three occasions twice with temps over 90 degrees and those cars are driven with AC on and idle between sessions and heat soak is not an issue for them really. I assume on the 115 degree days just about any car is going to have some heat soak.
Heat soak is due more to high IAT's and DME pulling the timing/lowering boost target as opposed to coolant temps....

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0