View Single Post
      12-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #568
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Back on the forum after months of being absent, mainly due to a lot of work and travelling. What can I share over the past period?

I am still running my Cup 2's in the winter here in Europe. Great experience lol. Sideways the whole time. I wanted to drive with my FI R wheels through winter because we have global warming anyhow, and I will bring the car to Topaz Detailing next week.

My car had its first 30K km service done. Standard oil service and so on. Next to this, the dealer fixed my steering, which was nothing other than: Disassembly of both wheel bearings at the front to eliminate the noise on the front axle. The cleaned the wheel bearings and all was fine again. Also my car was updated to the latest software version. I had the OPF sensors disabled again.

Finally, I put my car on the weighing scale. The result of all the weight saving is really interesting. We measured with a full tank of fuel and no luggage on board. I left a few little things in the glovebox and arm rest.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Xx4-8pJRR/

Outcome was 50 kgs less than stock due to the installation of the exhaust, downpipes, wheels, carbon air intake, coilover kit and carbon roof among many other smaller normal & carbon parts.

Project wise only the carbon trunk and carbon bonnet are still missing. Those will be done in the Spring of 2020 when the CS bonnet is available to order and I can fit it onto the car. Those will remove another 10 kgs I think. Only other way to lower the weight of the car is starting to remove the interior and/or install carbon ceramics instead of the M Sport brake kit.

MR
Appreciate 0