Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-1er
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post

What kind of crack are all these dealers on???
I think this kind of crap will die down once there are some M2s on the road and it is not such a new thing. I agree they are trying to milk the hype right now.
Went to see it. It is $80,888. A bargain! They told me the M2 is a "limited 2-year run" and "more limited than the 1M" and "only 1000 will be made" so that's why there is a markup. Then they tried to sell me the M4 competition pack since it is the same price. I just smiled and nodded. I know the real truth.

HOWEVER, the M2 is not any nicer in person than in pictures. I wasn't that impressed. It doesn't have as much presence as I want for my next car. Maybe it's the LBB (MG is my color). The interior is plain. BMW interiors just don't do it for me. I am realizing I'm luxury-performance more than performance-luxury. Pretty close to giving up my #1 spot for my MSRP M2.
Sounds like you should...

This is NOT a luxury machine, it's a sports car.
It will ride firmly, it will be loud at times, and the Dct overrun is a bit childish ( but fun for the kid in you !).

Check out the M4. If it's not luxo enough then a sounds like Mercedes/Lexus might be worth checking out.

You don't want to spend 55k and sell in 3 weeks
They had 2 M4 competition packs on the lot when I went yesterday. I could have gone home with one, no waiting. I've driven the M4 on the track and the street. I don't like the M4. I've owned a GTI. Firm rides are fine with me and I live for GOOD sound. At this stage in my life I just want luxury AND performance. At the same time. Maybe by the time the M2 GC comes around, BMW will improve its interiors and can take my money.

Edited to add: the interior of the M4 is not more luxurious than the M2. They are all the same to me on the inside. The differences are too minor to matter.
Appreciate 1