Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6ax View Post

It removes the "anti stall" feature so the car doesn't automatically give gas anymore when you're letting off the clutch (say in first gear), it's just like a NORMAL manual car lol, you gotta give gas. So just driving from a stop light it feels much different, since you're used to the car giving some gas it no longer does that so I guess I gotta "relearn" haha.
I did not know our cars had this feature - I guess I need to teach my daughter how to drive stick using the M2 instead of the wife's Mini Cooper (or the 1M).
If you could buy a self balancing bicycle for your child to learn to ride a bike on... would you ?

Does one start a child to ride horseback without first teaching how to climb into the saddle ?

I think your daughter is much better off learning on an ACTUAL manual car like the Mini Cooper or the 1M. ( the 1M *does* have hill holder , so if the Mini doesn't .. then the Mini is the best " school car " in your household)

That way she actually learns what a clutch friction point is, and how to modulate a clutch.

Learning to drive on an M2 with all the nannies isn't learning much other than to move a shift lever. God forbid she learns to drive a manual like the M2 and gets in a 5MT or 6MT Honda or Miata one day and wonders why it "won't go" off the line ... and the synchros are making noises
Appreciate 0