View Single Post
      08-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #222
BLK235iNJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i,13MustangGT,84C10,99A8

So it is getting the S55? I heard N55...

I honestly haven't made my decision on whether I'm going to "attempt" buying one (since this is in such high demand). If the car comes with the s55+upgrades and a nice outer shell worth selling my car for I will most likely try. I'll also weight the M2 upgrades vs what I would do to my car to improve performance ($/$).

I'm not a purist or after the "M" bragging rights. I'm looking for the best starting point to build out. So if the M2 comes with a detuned n55 that I can bring up to serious power then I'll go for it (even if it meets my needs in the looks department 85%). I'm just busting chops here. Not sure why so many folks are getting so bent because some find the car to be missing something.

My M235i sits at 382/455 running all Dinan upgrades. I'm very happy with the car.

As for the rear bumper, mirrors, and wheels. Rear bumper on my car I like (diffuser I'll change), upgrading the mirrors to me is somewhat pointless unless i'm trying to save 3lbs (maybe I'm not in tune with the aero benefits) and the wheels I buy my own. The widebody isn't looking so great based on the renders so I wont miss anything there.

I recently got invited to a BMW Track event at Monticello MotorClub and I drove the M4/5/6/x5 on autocross and track and I must say that my car on the street feels punchier and a ton more nimble than any of the cars (targeting primarily m4). I was also a tad disappointed with the DCT through the autocross (M4) the car just felt like it was in the wrong gear at all times (it was in auto instructor forced it). I also found it strange that while doing the hot laps with the instructor our "M" car kept over heating. We did 4 laps and every lap in the same spot we were over heating (so much for a track car). This showed me that if i buy an M car I still need to upgrade cooling.

I really hope they nail it with the M2 (not trying to come across as a hater).

Based on the renders and what I've heard regarding the "N55" I'll keep my car and I'll continue to build a 1 off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
And change everything from the waste down to M3/M4 components, including the suspension, and widen the track as well. And upgrade your engine with S55 parts, don't forget that.

Don't forget also to calibrate your cars software with months and months of testing and development to meet the desired character for the car. You'll also have to get a new rear bumper as yours won't feature the same aero nor fit the stock M exhaust.

Also add M mirrors and 19 inch M3/4 wheels.

That's a lot of stuff, maybe it'd be better just to buy an M2?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0