View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #17
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
I'm hoping for the same luck that you've had. Out of curiosity, after 50 events, have you replaced brake rotors? How many times?
I can only speak to my experience, but I think these cars are fairly reliable if taken care of, e.g. oil changes, not over reving, no launches/burnouts, etc.

I've replaced the fronts once and have the original rears (I track with all nannies off so no stability support engaging the rears). Brake pads are another story....

I keep my rotors until the micro cracks develop into pretty obvious and severe cracks. But not to the point that the cracks start connecting to themselves or the outside edges. I think my custom home-built cooling ducts have helped somewhat, but before I had these the brakes would run really hot. Calipers turned a dark green by the end of the first year and I would occasionally get cracked pads, which was frustrating - especially when a brand new pad cracked on the second day.

PS - I suggest you use FCP Euro for your brake rotor needs as they offer a lifetime warranty on these parts and stock OEM BMW rotors. I only wish they also stocked PFC 08s
Appreciate 1