Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlm2c View Post
Even though the N55 runs the same crank hub design as the S55, the N55 doesn't produce enough power to cause a spun crank hub. Good piece of mind to have lol.
Not entirely the when story...

Power might not be the only relevant factor, if the hub spins it can spin at any power level and any rpm in the s55. The n54 shares the same hub and most tuned N54's and even high power turbo upgrade ones don't see the spinning hub issue. The only case I have heard was the VTT car, but they announced that as soon as they made their CBC so take that as you will... They could be a very rare case because they do make an exceptionally high amount of power.

I think the s55 spins easier due to a few features: the timing system drives two hpfps instead of one, the timing system also drives a larger oil pump, timing system also drives a water pump which is not electric on the s55, and the dct down shifts alot harder than non dct equipped N54's and n55's. This makes some sense since the s55's have been reported to spin even while cruising.

I've also seen higher horse power s55's soon easier than non s55 cars, though there has been a lot of debate as to why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlm2c View Post
Even though the N55 runs the same crank hub design as the S55, the N55 doesn't produce enough power to cause a spun crank hub. Good piece of mind to have lol.
Not entirely the when story...

Power might not be the only relevant factor, if the hub spins it can spin at any power level and any rpm in the s55. The n54 shares the same hub and most tuned N54's and even high power turbo upgrade ones don't see the spinning hub issue. The only case I have heard was the VTT car, but they announced that as soon as they made their CBC so take that as you will... They could be a very rare case because they do make an exceptionally high amount of power.

I think the s55 spins easier due to a few features: the timing system drives two hpfps instead of one, the timing system also drives a larger oil pump, timing system also drives a water pump which is not electric on the s55, and the dct down shifts alot harder than non dct equipped N54's and n55's. This makes some sense since the s55's have been reported to spin even while cruising.

I've also seen higher horse power s55's soon easier than non s55 cars, though there has been a lot of debate as to why.

This makes sense. I have yet to find one single person who has ever spun the crank hub on an N55 even when running PS2. I have seen a couple of cases where this happened on N54 but the power levels were just insane and still it seems to be extremely rare. Do you think the this could also be due to being a true twin turbo vs just a twin scroll?
17 M4 ZCP
18 M4 ZCP ( Current )
Appreciate 0